"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it."
Norman Maclean

Sunday, April 23, 2006

McDowell and Hardy Bougle Tame the Peacock Basses

McDowell and Hardy Bougle Light Weight Tame the Peacock Basses
After a week's fishing break, I was feeling itchy again for another adventure at the New Zealand River. Fueled by more reports of the illusive sebarau getting caught at New Zealand River, I couldn’t wait any longer. When Uncle Wong sent his SMS, my answer was short and sharp.

Ady, our usual fishing buddy was also with us this morning. The action was not that hot like the last few occasions, but it was satisfying.

I’ll let the pictures do the the talking as I had just received another poisonous phone call from Uncle Chui. Ah Wee, Ah Yeow and Uncle Chui caught over 100 pieces of good size peacock basses at a secret location in ET territory. Asked me if I’m coming.

I’ll be back with more reports………………………………………

A very colourful peacock bass.


Early hours at the Old Thomson Road.


The entrance to Upper Peirce is still dark


The sun rose to greet our arrival


Uncle Wong and Ady teasing some peacock basses


No action yet.


Then action


The McDowell bend for the peacock bass


Not too big but the fight was tremendous


With my foam popper


Close up


Hardy Bougle paired with The McDowell


Another peacock bass which I operated on. Look closely.


Can you see the damaged gill


One of its gill is damaged and is not red in colour. Probably decaying.


I used a pair sissors to cut off the gill because it was impairing the peacock bass natural swimming action








A little cove


Uncle Wong fighting a peacock bass


Ady with his peacock bass


Off to Ah Hoe's for our usual coffee to wake us up from our dreams.

No comments: