"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it."
Norman Maclean

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Lower Peirce Reservoir

Lower Peirce Reservoir Again
Decided to detour to the old fishing ground, Lower Peirce Reservoir, again when the White House got too crowded. Ady as usual caught the most. I caught a greedy peacock bass which took the fly right in front of me.

I took a walk along the board walk. Dragging the fly line behind me. Nothing stirred. But the misty morning brought back a lot of fond memories when I was here almost every afternoon. When the Peacock Basses will hit the fly again and again, cast after cast.

Johnny joined us for breakfast at Ah Hoe’s place.

The legal fishing ground.




































































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought about you this weekend when I saw on TV (I think it was on ESPN) a show about record hunters. These guys went down to the Amazon looking for record peacock bass. They caught some huge and beautiful fish! I think the biggest was 22 pounds!!

A Fly Fisherman said...

Thanks Ed.

Lew said...

Wow, that looks amazing, how well are the bass biting down there?

Check out my new online tackle shop!

treska said...

link with me
www.fishingmacedonia.blogspot.com