"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it."
Norman Maclean

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Poisonous Jennings Bamboo

Testing The Jennings
Finally had some free time to fly fish at the usual forbidden hunt. SMS Uncle Wong and CY and all systems go. CY even had to forged a Licence To Fly Fish from his Commander-in-Chief so that he can bring his Jennings and let me have a go at it.

The Jennings was such a beautiful rod and it was so easy to cast, I could roll cast all day and my arm wouldn't get tired. The peacock basses were co-operative today. We thoroughly enjoyed the session at NZ today.

The only hiccup was TY pulled out a drift net at the pool. I saw an Earth Eater stuck onto the net and managed to un-net it and released it back into the waters. There was another one, but I missed it. It was dead when Uncle Wong gathered the net for disposal. Wish I had seen it earlier.
This one managed to swim away after a few minutes.
























No comments: